To whom it may concern
My family and I have been supporters and donors to the 'Save the Children' charity for a number of years. We have donated generously and respect and appreciate the work that your charity does.
As of today, we will be withdrawing all financial support to your charity due to the inflammatory and provocative full page advert posted in a UK paper titled "In memory of the 373 children killed in Gaza". This is not a decision we have made lightly as we understand that ultimately it is the children who suffer as a consequence. We will be directing our donations to other charities that support children. We are particularly upset with the manner in 'Save the 'Children' has chosen to politicise the deaths of these children and capitalise on the tidal wave of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic sentiment across the glob . In addition, we have taken exception to the advert for the following reasons;
1. Your advert does not condemn Hamas for using children as human shields
2. Your advert does not condemn Hamas for the deaths of over 100 Palestinian children caused by building tunnels designed to murder Israeli children
3. Your advert does not condemn Hamas for rejecting or breaking 7 cease-fires which would have spared civilian life and damage to Gaza
4. Your advert does not condemn Hamas for firing thousands of deadly missiles at Israel causing untold trauma and psychological damage to Israeli children
5. Your advert does not condemn the murder of over 9000 children killed and tortured in the conflict in Syria
6. Your advert does not condemn the killing of 40 children killed by militants in Iraq on 6th August 2014
7. Your advert does not condemn the deaths of 11,500 children in Iraq
8. Your advert does not condemn Ukraine and Russia where 10's of children have been killed and over 11,000 children have recently been forced to take refuge
9. Your advert does not condemn the murder of hundreds of children in Nigeria and the kidnappings and enslavement of young girls by Boko Haram
10. Your advert does not condemn the expulsion & forced conversion of innocent Christians in Iraq, including children by Islamic Extremists.
11. Your advert does not condemn the situation in South Sudan where 50,000 children are under threat of malnutrition due to the violence in that country.
12. Save the Children is marketed as a non political charity however you have attempted to capitalize on the events in Gaza and have vilified Israel in the process.
As per the above statements I am particularly disappointed and dismayed by the hypocritical manner in which Israel is singled out for defending itself against an enemy which has openly stated that it wants to 'annihilate' it, including its children. There are major atrocities taking place right now in the world which are largely being ignored as Israel bears the brunt of world anger for protecting the lives of its citizens while fighting an enemy that places its citizens deliberately in harms way.
I hope and pray that there is peace soon, particularly for the sake of the Children caught in the middle of the conflict.
Your feedback on my concerns would be greatly appreciated.