It has just come to our attention that Reddit moderator Tan_Guan is a black unlicensed China foreign teacher recruiter misusing his authority to delete truthful and factual information in the China and Chinajob subredits to conceal negative facts including;
* 49 China foreign teachers spent their Christmas in a Shanghai jail after being caught working with illegal F and Z visas. He even deleted 7 users who posted this article link to the Global Times newspaper and 3 to CCTV News archives.
* The deportation of over 1,600 expat teachers from China in 2014 and these 379 more recent ones
http://www.tefl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6380 and also here
* He has also deleted links of foreign teachers in China who have warned each other China inbound teachers to be aware of a huge hepatitis outbreak (about 18% of the China population is infected with Hepatitis) See this here: http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/topic191218.html
* He also has deleted scam alerts about the Echinacities resume and identity theft scam that is explained in detail at http://chinascamwatch.wordpress.com and here http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?620902-Echinacities-com-Classified-Ch...
* Tan_Guan has also deleted warnings from actual scam victims who were set up for China PSB sting scams that used fake job ads that are now mention at TEFL.net, ESLBase.com, ESLwatch.info, the CFTU, ESL.com, ESLEmployment and most other expat job sites for China like this one here;
* This biased mod has also hidden and removed fraud alerts about MLM scams that deliberately target overseas teachers because it is hard for them to make police complaints to American authorities or sue the scam artists from China, like the World Ventures Travel Club scam (MLM) described here:http://www.scam.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post
* He did not even users to tell other foreign teachers that they had real labor rights in China! http://eslwatch.info/forum/china/40-employee-rights-of-china-foreign-esl...
* Here is another news gem item about the rewards being paid by police to find fake teachers using phony diplomas and illegal z visas that he deleted http://eslwatch.info/forum/china/76-china-foreign-teachers-unite-report-...
Overall this appears to be a classic example how people become moderators to help their own personal business thrive through CENSORSHIP. How many people would really want to work in China or use an agent if they knew that 72% of all China foreign teachers are cheated by their own job agents and employers at least once, or they have a 33% chance of getting arrested because they listened to some shady agent and used the wrong visa? Or would you really be in a rush to work with an agent who tells you the average wage is $1,200 per month when it is really $3,000?
Last year Reddit was caught censoring Glen Greenwald and posts in support of Edward Snowden and Julian Assange. Their own former moderators have circulated a petition to stop the CENSORHIP and their forrmer CEO Ellen resigned over the CENSORSHIP issue. Yet they continue to allow biased mods to censor at their own whim with no oversight.
So, if you really want the truth about teaching in China, do NOT trust Reddit friends. Look only for websistes that have no advertisers that influence the contents like
Sites that regularly lie and censor on behalf of their own advertisers that cheat teachers include:
If you still do not know who or what to believe at reddit, just look at the total comment count, and then count the number of actual comments showing. No you know how many comments were deleted! Those that want actual screen shots of what was deleted, check at scam.com and real scam.com REMEMBER, REDDIT DOES NOT GUARANTEE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND AS A PRIVATE WEBSITE CAN LEGALLY POST FABRICATIONS & PROPAGANDA IF THEY WANTED TO.
However, simply through the fine art of selective censorship, they can easily spin or shape the truth for any political or commercial convenience. Tan_Guan is an unethical mod who needs to be replaced ASAP. He would be quite at home in North Korea where his deceit would be more welcomed and appreciated.
P.S. Here is the latest scam that Tan_Guan and his fellow China job agents do not want you to see:http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/topic192126.html